Leadership Team Meeting: 1st Saturday of each month at 10:00am, Munnecke Room. All Leelenau County Democratic Party Members welcome.
County Commissioners’ Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:00am, Leelanau County Government Building Board Room. Public welcome.
County Commissioners’ Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm, Leelanau County Government Building Board Room. Public welcome.
Leland Indivisible: 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Munnecke Room.
State Theater Ushers: 4th Wednesday of each month and 4th Thursday of each month
Occupy Traverse City Street Demonstration: Every Saturday, 11am to 1pm, Front Street in front of Chase Bank and across from Horizon Books.
Tuesdays with Jack: Every Tuesday, 10:30 am, US Congressman Jack Bergman’s office, 1396 Douglas Dr, Ste 22b. Driving south on Garfield, turn right on Ashland. The building is on the right.
- The Glen Arbor Parade is on the 4th of July – meet at 10:30 at the Christian Science Church at Forest and 109.
- The Leland Parade is at 3:30 on July 4th….meet at 2:30…..look for us on the streets between Lk Michigan and M22, southwest of Leland, where all of the parade floats gather for the parade (was that clear as mud??).
July 15: Highway Cleanup
Food Drives: August 26, October 21
Can you donate two hours? Volunteers are needed! Sign up for a two-hour shift and hand out fliers with suggested food items – as well as collect donations at the following locations:
* Deering’s Food Market – Empire
* Anderson’s IGA – Glen Arbor
* Leland Mercantile – Leland
* Hansen’s Foods – Suttons Bay
You can work solo or with another volunteer from your community.
All you’ll be needing is a great big friendly smile! Contact Jay Johnson @ 326-2636 Or JOIN on our Facebook Page.
Local food pantries rely on LCDP Food Drives throughout the year and your efforts are needed!
FYI: Donations from the Mercantile and Hansen’s go to the Leelanau Christian Neighbors to support their food banks in both Northport and Suttons Bay. Donations from Buntings go to Holy Rosary/St. Rita’s Food Bank. Donations from Anderson’s and Deering’s are given to the Empire Area Food Bank.