Leadership Team Meeting: 1st Saturday of each month at 10:00am, Munnecke Room. All Leelenau County Democratic Party Members welcome.
County Commissioners’ Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:00am, Leelanau County Government Building Board Room. Public welcome.
County Commissioners’ Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm, Leelanau County Government Building Board Room. Public welcome.
Lelanau Indivisible: 2nd Saturday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Munnecke Room.
State Theater Ushers: 4th Wednesday of each month and 4th Thursday of each month
Occupy Traverse City Street Demonstration: Every Saturday, 11am to 1pm, Front Street in front of Chase Bank and across from Horizon Books.
Tuesdays with Jack: Every Tuesday, 10:30 am, US Congressman Jack Bergman’s office, 1396 Douglas Dr, Ste 22b. Driving south on Garfield, turn right on Ashland. The building is on the right.
- Michigan Democratic Party Spring 2018 Endorsement Convention: April 15, 2018, 9am – 5pm, Cobo Hall, Detroit. The purpose of this convention will be to offer the Party’s endorsement to statewide candidates for Attorney General, Secretary of State and State Supreme Court. One must be a member of the Michigan Democratic Party at least 30 days prior to the MDP Spring Convention to be able to vote, or a candidate or Precinct Delegate in order to vote at the MDP Convention. Leelanau County has 14 votes – please join us in Detroit for the MDP Convention!
- Precinct Delegate Spring Round Up Wednesday, April 18 5 pm at the VI Grill in Suttons Bay
- Dish With the Dems Thursday, April 26th Little Traverse Inn, 149 E. Harbor Highway, Maple City 5:00 p.m. Strictly a Social Event! No Charge, No Speeches, Just FUN! Get to know your like-minded Leelanau Neighbors. Drinks & Food at your own cost.
- Spring highway pickup Saturday, April 28th, 9 am. (rain date of Saturday May 5th). Meet at the Kateri Tekakwitha Church on M-22 just north of the casino. MDOT requires that everyone review the safety info no matter how long you have been doing the pickup, so please go to www.michigan.gov/adoptahighway to view all the safety info. Please let me know if you can help. Holly Kowalske: 231 922-8156 …Remember to bring your gloves!
- Annual Dinner & Silent Auction Fundraiser: Saturday May 19, 5:30 p.m. at the Bluebird. Guest speaker Michigan First District candidate Matt Morgan.
Can you donate two hours? Volunteers are needed! Sign up for a two-hour shift and hand out fliers with suggested food items – as well as collect donations at the following locations:
- Deering’s Food Market – Empire
- IGA – Glen Arbor
- Leland Mercantile – Leland
- Hansen’s Foods – Suttons Bay
You can work solo or with another volunteer from your community.
All you’ll be needing is a great big friendly smile! Contact Jay Johnson @ 326-2636.
Local food pantries rely on LCDP Food Drives throughout the year and your efforts are needed!
FYI: Donations from the Mercantile and Hansen’s go to the Leelanau Christian Neighbors to support their food banks in both Northport and Suttons Bay. Donations from Buntings go to Holy Rosary/St. Rita’s Food Bank. Donations from Anderson’s and Deering’s are given to the Empire Area Food Bank.