Leadership Team Meeting: 1st Saturday of each month at 10:00am, Munnecke Room. All Leelenau County Democratic Party Members welcome.
County Commissioners’ Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of each month at 9:00am, Leelanau County Government Building Board Room. Public welcome.
County Commissioners’ Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of each month at 7:00pm, Leelanau County Government Building Board Room. Public welcome.
Lelanau Indivisible: 2nd Saturday of each month at 6:00 p.m. Munnecke Room.
State Theater Ushers: 4th Wednesday of each month and 4th Thursday of each month
Occupy Traverse City Street Demonstration: Every Saturday, 11am to 1pm, Front Street in front of Chase Bank and across from Horizon Books.
Tuesdays with Jack: Every Tuesday, 10:30 am, US Congressman Jack Bergman’s office, 1396 Douglas Dr, Ste 22b. Driving south on Garfield, turn right on Ashland. The building is on the right.
- Indigenous People’s Day October 1 at 7 PM Eyaawing Museum & Cultural Center in Peshawbestown, Michigan
- CANDIDATE FORUMS & Other League of Women Voters Sponsored Events
- September 20 Forum: 35th State Senate: Kurt Vanderwall (R) v. Mike Taillard (D). 101st State House: Kathy Wiejaczka (D) v. Jack O’Malley (R). Leelanau County Government Center: 7 p.m.
- September 23: Voter Appreciation & Candidate Open House. Lake Leelanau VFW Hall: 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- September 26 Forum: Leelanau County Commission, District 6: Casey Noonan (R) v. Peachy Retenbach (D). District 7: Julie Morris (D) v. Melinda Lautner (R). Glen Arbor Township Hall: 7-9 p.m.
- September 27 Forum: Leelanau County Commission, District 3: Lois Bahle (D) v. Will Bunek (R). District 5: Dale Schaub (R) v. Patricia Soutas-Little (D). Leelanau County Government Center: 7-9 p.m.
- October 2 Forum: Probate Judge: Marion Kromkoski v. Mike Long. 86th District Judge: Bob Cooney v. Paul Jarboe. Leelanau County Government Center 7-9 p.m.
- October 4th Forum: US First Congressional District: Matt Morgan (D) v. Jack Bergman (R). Lars Hockstead Auditorium: 6:30-9 p.m.
- Leelanau Uncaged: September 29: noon-10 p.m. On the streets of Northport.
- Leelanau Artists Supporting Leelanau Children: September 21 4:30-6:30 p.m. Leland Lodge.
Can you donate two hours? Volunteers are needed! Sign up for a two-hour shift (contact Jay Johnson @ 326-2636) and hand out fliers with suggested food items – as well as collect donations at the following locations:
- Anderson’s – Glen Arbor: October 27 & December 21, 2018
- Leland Mercantile – Leland: September 8 & October 20, 2018
You can work solo or with another volunteer from your community.
All you’ll be needing is a great big friendly smile! Contact Jay Johnson @ 326-2636.
Local food pantries rely on LCDP Food Drives throughout the year and your efforts are needed!
FYI: Donations from the Mercantile and Hansen’s go to the Leelanau Christian Neighbors to support their food banks in both Northport and Suttons Bay. Donations from Buntings go to Holy Rosary/St. Rita’s Food Bank. Donations from Anderson’s and Deering’s are given to the Empire Area Food Bank.